Who we are
Our website address is: https://communityassistingschools.co.za.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Consent to process personal information in terms of the Protection of Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA). Last updated on 25 April 2021.
Owner and Responsible Party: Nicky Franklin – Community Assisting Schools
With the email off: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”
Personal Data means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Service is the Website www.communityassistingschools.co.za and email or other marketing campaigns under the same domain operated by Community Assisting Schools.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (including information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data).
WE / US / OUR or COMMUNITY ASSISTING SCHOOLS.
Community Assisting Schools with PBO 093 034 222
www.communityassistingschools.co.za, and/or of its pages or architectural components.
Information we collect
We collect the following types of information:
1. DATA WHICH WE MAY COLLECT
You authorise us to collect any of the following Personal Data about you. Where you share Personal Data about others you warrant to us that you are authorised to do so on their behalf:
• Email address
• First name and last name
2. TRACKING, COOKIES, WEB BEACONS & SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Use of your private data
• To provide and maintain our Service;
• To notify you about changes to our Service;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
• To provide customer support;
• To screen our orders and bookings for potential risk or fraud;
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
• To monitor the usage of our Service;
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
• When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about to contact you with the Community Assisting Schools newsletter, announcements, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you (“marketing communications”). You and other Data Subjects may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us at email@example.com
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
How do we collect your data
Community Assisting Schools will collect Personal Data directly from the Data Subject to whom it relates, except to the extent that:
• The Personal Data is contained in or derived from a public record
• The Data Subject consents to us collecting the Personal Data from another source
• The processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by the Data Subject’s rights
• The processing is in the legitimate interest of the Data Subject or
• We are otherwise authorised to do so in accordance with applicable laws.
Subject to the foregoing restrictions, Community Assisting Schools may collect Personal Data from, among other things, our Website, in person or telephonic conversations, correspondence (in any form), our social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter), our service providers, agents, representatives, suppliers and/or consultants, from public records and generally when a Data Subject uses and enjoy any of our services or order any products.
How long we retain your data
Community Assisting Schools will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Legal Requirements & Discloser of personal data
Community Assisting Schools may disclose Personal Data to any of our affiliates, as that term is defined in the Companies Act No 71 of 2008, to our and their employees, to our third party agents, service providers, suppliers and contractors and to any other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationships, but only for the purposes referred to under the heading “USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED”. Community Assisting Schools may, in addition, disclose a Data Subject’s Personal Data to any third party where such disclosure is necessary:
• To comply with a legal obligation or applicable law
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Community Assisting Schools
• To protect any of your legitimate interests
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
• To respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Cross border transfer of data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should be aware of the fraud practice known as “phishing” which is the illegal gathering of personal information by deception. We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible in the event of a security breach affecting your Personal Data and the steps taken to resolve the issue.
Data Subjects (including you) have, amongst others, the following data protection rights under the Protection of Personal Information Act:
• The right to request access to their Personal Data;
• The right to request, where necessary, the correction, destruction or deletion of their Personal Data. You may make these requests directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right to request that their Personal Data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object on reasonable grounds relating to their particular situation to our processing of their Personal Data.
• The right to object to the processing of their Personal Data at any time for purposes of direct marketing or in terms of section 69(3)(c) of the Act
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Data subjects also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of their Personal Data.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service. They collect information from you through the use of analytics cookies.
We use MailChimp to send email campaigns and track activity or lack thereof, including opens & clicks. You have the option to temporarily or permanently allow downloading of pictures by setting your preferences accordingly.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child(ren) has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.